Email marketing has a lot of significance and is one of the most effective marketing approaches you can use to engage your audience and promote your business. The quality and size of your email list determine the success of your email marketing campaign. In this blog post, you are going to know about some effective yet easy tips for building an email list. So, read on to learn the maximum.
You can build email lists in a number of ways. An email list could have people who have:
- Subscribed through your website
- Ordered something from you
- Singed up for your service or product
- Given you their business card at a social event
Building an email list isn’t as easy and simple as it sounds; you need to consider all things involved to create a killer email list. The following tips are sure to help you;
- Encourage others to forward your newsletter
- Reduces the number of clicks it takes to subscribe to your email
- Offer a freebie to people subscribing to your email
- Build your blog and persuade your visitors to subscribe to your email through interesting and information content
- Invite people through social networks
- Engage new subscribers right away with a thank-you page or something along those lines
- Craft more compelling offers
- Organize an event
- Leverage business cards
- Consider using QR codes
- Try some telemarketing
Tips for Writing Engaging Email Copy
Keep Your Content Simple
Never use complicated wordings and phrases. Always use simple and easy vocabulary and sentence structures that even a 5th grader can easily comprehend. Try to keep your content short and simple so your message is heard by the maximum number of people.
Be sure to include CTA or Call to Action
CTA or Call to Action is a marketing term to promote an instant response or stimulate an immediate sale. It involves using specific phrases and words that can be added into advertising messages, sales scripts, or web pages, which encourage your potential customers to act in a particular way. Be sure to add a CTA to the subscribe button. Try to use non-generic CTAs that will encourage people to click right away.
Choose a Killer Headline
Be sure to include an appealing headline describing one key benefit that your customers will get by subscribing to your email list. You can get inspiration online to write an attractive headline.